We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Permit me to share with you these good science quiz questions for kids + answers.
The world we are living today revolves around science and technology and believe me, it would continue to advance day after day.
But one thing you can do for your kids now- is to introduce them to basics of Science.
And to help you out, I have rounded some good science quiz questions that your kids will love.
Now let’s get started.
Science Quiz Questions for Kids
1. What is the shape of the earth?
(a) Circle (b) Round (c) Sphere (d) Oval
2. How many planets are there in the Universe?
(a) Four (b) Five (c) Eight (d) Nine
3. The natural satellite of the earth is called?
(a) The sun (b) Moon (c) Star (c) Telecommunication
4. ________ is one of the most important source of energy for the Earth?
(a) Power Holding Companies (b) Nuclear Plants (c) The Sun (d) Gasoline
5. The _______ is responsible for the movement of human body?
(a) Muscular System (b) Skeleton (c) Leg (d) Feet
Answer: Muscular System
6. The two openings in the nose are called?
(a) Holes (b) Joints (c) Nostrils (d) Breathing carnal
7. What part of the human body is responsible for sight?
(a) Pupil (b) Eye Lid (c) Eyes (d) Ear
8. Which organ is mainly responsible for excretion in human?
(a) Bladder (b) Bile (c) Kidney (d) Lungs
9. Anything that has weight and occupies space is called?
(a) Matter (b) Mass (c) Solid (d) Water
10. The three states of Matter are _______, _______ and _________?
(a) Solid, Liquid and Gas (b) Gas, Water and Vapor (c) Ice block, Water and Mass (d) All of them
Answer: Solid, Liquid and Gas
11. We breathe in oxygen and breath out _______?
(a) Oxygen (b) Hydrogen (c) Carbon dioxide (d) Nitrogen
12. Rice is a source of ________?
(a) Vitamin (b) Protein (c) Carbohydrate (d) MKineral Salt
13. We feel with our _______?
(a) Mouth (b) Nose (c) Hand (d) Skin
14. How many sense organs do humans have? And mention them.
(a) five (b) Six (c) Three (d) One
Answer: Five ( Eyes, nose, skin, tongue, ear)
15. Who invented Electric bulb?
(a) Aristotle (b) Bill Gate (c) Flash man (d) Thomas Edison
Answer: Thomas Edison
16. We have how many classes of food?
(a) One (b) Two (c) Four (d) Six
17. The organ that covers the whole body and gives it protection is called?
(a) White Blood Cell (b) Clothe (c) Skin
18. What is responsible for the green pigment of plant?
(a) Photosynthesis (b) Chlorophyll (c) Sun Light (d) Stomata
19. The most important organ in the human body is________?
(a) Skin (b) Liver (c) Lungs (d) Brain
20. Animals that give birth to their young ones alive are best to as?
(a) Amphibians (b) Humans (c) Apes (d) Mammals
21. What is the boiling point of water?
(a) 25 (b) 100 degree (c) 100 degree Celsius (d) 75 degree Celsius
Answer: 100 degree Celsius
22. The instrument used in measuring the temperature of a human body is called?
(a) Stethoscope (b) Body Checker (c) Thermometer (d) Telescope
23. The human heart is divide into how many sections?
(a) Four (b) Three (c) Two (d) One
24. Animals that we can keep at home are best referred to as _______?
(a) Pets (b) Wild Animals (c) Domestic Animals (d) Home Animals
Answer: Domestic Animals
25. The Organ responsible for human sense of taste is the ________?
(a) Skin (b) Mouth (c) Saliva (d) Tongue
26. Fish uses _______ for Respiration?
(a) Nose (b) Gills (c) Mouth (d) Water
27. What Kind of soil is best for planting?
(a) Clay (b) Loamy Soil (C) Sandy soil (d) All of the Above
Answer: Loamy soil
28. _____ is the process of making soap?
(a) Soap Making (b) Metamorphosis (c) Osmosis (d) Saponification
29. How many set of teeth does an adult human have?
(a) 12 (b) 45 (c) 32 (d) 25
30. Who is popularly known as the father of electricity?
(a) Charlie Chaplain (b) Mike Thompson (c) Michael Faraday (d) Williams Smith
Answer: Michael Faraday
31. How long does it take a Hen to hatch its egg?
(a) 3 days (b) 12 days (c) 12 days (d) 21 days
32. Human uses___________ for respiration?
(a) Mouth (b) Liver (c) Lungs (d) Kidney
33. Terrestrial animals are animal that lives on _____?
(a) Sky (b) Land (c) Water (d) Tree
34. A doctor that helps take care of the teeth is called?
(a) Teeth doctor (b) Surgeon (c) Dentist (d) Medical Doctor
Answer: A dentist
35. The stethoscope is used for checking________?
(a) Blood flow (b) Organ functions (c) Bone Structure (d) The Heart or Lungs
Answer: Heart or Lungs
36. The medical instrument used to monitor blood sugar level is called?
(a) Thermometer (b) Glucometer (c) Sugar Checker (d) Sugarmeter
37. The push and pull of an object is referred to as?
(a) Force (b) Torge (c) Movement (d) Shift
38. Locomotion is also known as?
(a) Movement from place to place (b) Map Direction (c) Car (d) Airplane
Answer: Movement from one place to another
39. The tip or blade of a leaf is also known as?
(a) Leaf Blade (b) Apex (c) Root (d) Trunk
40. Plants that take a year to grow to produce and die are called?
(a) Annual Plants (b) Perennial Plants (c) Biennials (d) Short-LIved Plants
Answer: Annual Plants
41. A young frog is called?
(a) Baby (b) Tadpole (c) Offspring (d) Spirogyra
42. The largest animal on earth?
(a) King Kong (b) Dinosaur (d) Dragon (d) Blue whale
Answer: Blue whale
43. What is the standard unit of force?
(a) Power (b) Joules (c) Ampere (d) Newton
44. The standard unit of power is?
(a) Kilogram (b) Joules (c) Newton (d) Watts
45. The powerhouse of a cell is called?
(a) The engine room (b) Server (c) Mitochondria (d) Protons
46. A male cow is called?
(a) Buffalo (b) Puffin (c) Big Cow (d) Ox
47. Animals that live on both land and water are called?
(a) Amphibians (b) Mammals (c) Reptiles (d) Apes
48. What part of the skeletal system gives protection to the brain?
(a) Ligaments (b) Joint (c) Skull (d) Brain Cell
49. Animals that feed on only plants are called?
(a) Herbivores (b) Plant Eaters (c) Grasshopper (d) Carnivores
50. The closest planet to the sun is_________?
(a) Mercury (b) Venus (c) Mars (d) Jupiter
51. The smallest planet is _________?
(a) Jupiter (b) Mercury (c) Pluto (d) Earth
52. A mother bee is called ______?
(a) Mama (b) Chief (c) Grand Bee (d) Queen Mother
Answer: Queen mother
53. Bees stay in ______?
(a) Box (b) Hive (c) Apartment (d) Underground
53. How many bones are there in the human body?
(a) 307 (b) 567 (c) 200 (d) 206
54. Invertebrates are animals without_______?
(a) Wings (b) Fins (d) Backbone (d) Teeth
55. The smallest bone in the human body is called
(a) Scapular (b) Teeth (c) Phalanges (d) Staples
56. A young cow is called ____?
(a) Calf (b) Lamb (c) Sheep (d) Baby Cow
57. The darkest part of the shadow is known as?
(a) Penumbra (b) Umbra (c) Antumbra
58. The solar system is divided into how many regions?
(a) One (b) Two (c) Three (d) Four
59. The largest human cell is known as??
(a) Blader (b) Brain (c) Stomach (d) Ovum
60. An atom is divided into three namely:
Answer: Neutron, electron and proton
61. The process whereby food is broken down into smaller pieces for easy absorption is known as_____?
62. Moving air is called?
63. The medical instrument used to view tiny object that cannot be seen with ordinary eyes is called?
64. An example of a microscopic organism is known as?
Answer: A virus
65. The fins in a fish are used for____?
Answer: For movement
66. The process animals get rid of waste products is called?
67. An irreversible increase in size and mass of an organism is know as _______?
68. _________ is the smallest unit of life?
69. The two primary memory of a computer are_____ and_______?
Answer: RAM and ROM
70. Where two bones meet is called?
71. The two main types of joints are?
Answer: Moveable and immovable joint
72. Animals that feed on both plants and animals are called?
Answer: Omnivorous animals
73. Fats and oils are also called?
74. Water composes of ______ and _______
Answer: Oxygen and hydrogen
75. The type of nutrition in which organisms are able to manufacture their food is known as?
Answer: Autotrophic nutrition
76. Energy is characterized into two major forms called?
Answer: Renewable and Non-renewable energy.
70. The process by which plants manufacture their own food with the help of sunlight energy is called?
Other Post You Might Like:
Was this post on Science Quiz Questions for Kids helpful?
If yes, endeavor to click the star rating icon below, this would help us know how relevant and helpful these quiz questions and answers was/is to you.
Also do not forget to share with friend on your favorite social media and make sure you follow this blog on Pinterest.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?