We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Looking for Bird Quiz Questions and Answers in the hard stages? You have come to the right article. Flap your wings and fly through the article as you will be gathering a lot of information on the go.
Ever since I was young, I have always wished to own a bird that can talk, If you don’t know the bird am talking about, I think you shouldn’t be here. Just kidding.
We live in a world filled with all kinds of bird both big and small. Some are even so tiny that you trap with one palm.
Now how well do you know about birds? It’s time to find out.
Bird Quiz Questions And Answers
1. Which bird lays the largest egg?
Answer: The Ostrich. Ostrich Eggs are the same mass as 24 chicken eggs! On average they are around 6 inches in length and 5 inches in diameter
2. How many limbs does a bird have?
3. Are birds mammals?
Answer: No. Most Birds are part of the class ‘Aves’, and are usually referred to as avians.
4. What type of bird has eyes that is bigger than it’s brain?
Answer: Ostrich. Once again, the freakish Ostrich comes up clutch.
5. How long does it take a bird to hatch its eggs?
Answer: Usually around 10day to 30days
6. A group of collective crows is regarded as
Answer: A murder.
7. Which bird can only eat when it’s head is upside down?
Answer: A flamingo. Flamingos are filter feeders- a bit like a blue whale. In order to eat effectively with its long neck, it inverts its head. The top part of the flamingos beak has evolved similar to the bottom part of other birds beaks.
8. Which among the birds possesses blue eggs?
Answer: American Robin
9. The bird with the longest life span is known as_________?
Answer: Large Parrot
10. ________and birds are able to mimic humans?
Answer: Songbird and Parrot
10. Birds are scientifically classifies as______?
11. How long does it take a bird to build a nest?
Answer: 5 hours to 30 days
12. The largest bird in the world is?
Answer: Common Ostrich (Struthio camelus)
13. The smallest eggs are being laid by type of bird?
14. _______ is the average heartbeat rate of a birds at rest during the day?
Answer: 282 per minute
15. Does a bird possess an alimentary canal like humans
16. A bird is a _________ blooded animal?
Answer: Warm-blooded vertebrae
17. How many heart chambers does a bird possess?
18. What’s the highest flying bird in the world?
Answer: Rüppell’s griffon vulture- a specimen of this vulture was seen at an altitude 10,973 meters– unfortunately, that was the last seen of that particular bird as it was sadly sucked into the engine of the airplane that sighted it.
Other high fliers include migratory birds that fly high over the Himilayas to avoid mountaintops and eagles- the Common crane, reaching 10000m above sea level over the Himilayas, and the Bar headed goose, reaching 8800m.
19. Is a bat a type of bird?
Answer: No. Apparently bats are classified as mammals because they give birth to live young!
20. A baby bird is referred to as_______?
21. Do the Nestlings have the ability to fly
22. Do all birds lay eggs??
23. What is the normal temperature of a bird?
Answer: 105 degrees Fahrenheit
24. ______ is the only poisonous bird in the world?
Answer: Hooded Pitohui of Papua
25. Which bird can sleep while flying?
Answer: The Albatross
26. The sebaceous gland in birds provides a grease that serves as and ________?
Answer: Protectant and lubricant for hair and skin.
27. Animal that lay eggs are best referred to as ________?
Answer: Oviparous Animal
28. The smallest bird in the world is known as?
Answer: Bee hummingbird
29. The largest carnivorous bird is Known as?
Answer: Andean Condor
30. What’s the function of scales in the feather of a bird?
Answer: The scale is for protection and to prevent water loss
31. What type of bodyweight does a bird require before it can be able to fly?
32. The rarest bird in the world is called?
Answer: Madagascar Pochard
33. A group of owls are regarded
34. How many weight of chicken eggs is equivalent to an Ostrich egg
Answer: 24 chicken eggs
35. Why do ostrich eat stone?
Answer: Eating stones helps to digest food.
36. Birds that plunge into water to catch fish or other food are called?
Answer: Diving bird
37. Which bird has the longest beak?
Answer: Sword-billed hummingbird
38. What’s the purpose of Gizzard in birds??
Answer: For grinding food
39. Which bird dig holes instead of building a nest?
40. A male adult bird is called??
Answer: A rooster
41. A male younger bird is called?
42. What’s the general name for a female Adult bird?
43. A castrated bird is know as_________?
44. The world most dangerous bird is called?
45. _________ is regarded as the King of birds?
46. What makes the eagle unique among other birds?
Answer: The presence of its wings to soar higher in a storm that others bird are scared of.
47. Birds that are very active during the day are called?
Answer: Diurnal birds
48. Birds that are insanely active only at night are called?
Answer: Nocturnal birds
49. What is the name of the fastest bird on Earth?
Answer: Peregrine falcon
50. _____ bird is regarded as the wisest?
Answer: The Owl
51._________ is regarded as the strongest bird?
Answer: Northern African Ostrich
52. What type of bones does a bird have?
Answer: Thin and hollow bones. This makes them lightweight.
53. What is the most sensitive organ of a bird?
54. is bird a Viviparous Vertebrate?
55. Do birds have bone marrow?
56. How long do bird sleep?
Answer: On average some bird sleep 12 hours
57. What is the main function of the parrot beak?
Answer: For climbing
58. What organ is the most important for the excretion of a bird?
59. Which organ do birds use for respiration?
60. Why are peacock brightly colored?
Answer: For display
Aren’t you enjoying bird quiz questions and answers?
61. Do all birds have an esophagus?
62. Is birds among the animals that give birth to their young ones alive?
Answer: No. Avians usually deliver their young in egg form, which will later hatch once the embryo has developed into a hatchling. Mammals give birth to live young.
63. The only bird with its nostril at the end of its beak is called?
64. Do birds eat worm?
65. Which bird is known for its big yellow bill?
66. _________ is the lightest bird in the world?
Answer: Bee humming bird
67. How Many species of bird do we have?
Answer: 10,000 species.
68. Which species of bird can fly backwards?
69. Do bird’s egg contain Calcium?
70. Which bird enjoys feeding on hairy Caterpillar?
71. What type of bird can recognize itself in a mirror?
72. The Peacock is from what family of birds?
73. Which bird has the longest tail?
Answer: Ribbo-tailed astrapia
74. What bird has the longest feather?
Answer: Phoenix fowl
75. _______ Bird has the most beautiful tail?
Answer: Indian peafowl
76. How many eggs can an Ostrich lay in a year?
77. ________ is the heartbeat of a bird during a flight?
Answer: 1000 beats per minute
78. Which bird represents the symbol of happiness?
79. Which bird represent symbol of peace and hope?
79. Which bird is mostly tied to spiritual symbolism and meaning?
Answer: An Owl
80. Newly hatched young ones of Peahen are called?
81. The main functions of peacock’s large train are?
Answers: Courtship displays and mating rituals.
Other Post You Might Like:
Was this post on bird quiz questions and answers helpful?
If yes, don’t forget to give this post a star rating- This would help us know what you think about this compiled questions.
And most importantly, do not forget to share and make sure you follow me on Pinterest.