We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Wouldn’t it be perfect if you could make your kid(s) happy and share their thought wholeheartedly by asking a few questions? If you want this to happen, you start by checking out my comprehensive list of icebreaker questions for kids.
In this post, I am going to share with you over 90 questions that you can start using today to get your kid(s) talking and happy at the same time.
You can ask you the kids these questions, or you instruct them to ask their selves. Also, make sure you pick the ones that you find pleasing and appropriate.
So let’s get started.
Fun, Interesting, and Good Icebreaker Questions for Kids
1. Who would you love to hang out with, dad or mom?
2. What’s your biggest fear?
3. What’s your favorite animal story?
4. How many times would you watch your favorite movie before it becomes boring?
5. Which song would you want the whole family to sing together?
6. What’s the best/favorite thing about your school/teacher?
Recommended: 65 Good Questions to Ask a Teacher About Your Child
7. Which of your favorite cartoon character would you want to see in real life?
8. What’s your favorite type of dress or fashion or color?
9. How often do you go to the school library to read books?
“A childhood without books – that would be no childhood. That would be like being shut out from the enchanted place where you can go and find the rarest kind of joy.”Astrid Lindgren
10. What job would you completely do for someone for free?
11. What would you name your next pet?
12. What “English” word do you find difficult to spell or understand?
13. If you could listen to your daddy sing one song for you every night before going to bed, what song would it be?
14. Smartphone or Computer; which is better for multi-tasking?
15. What’s your favorite and worst season of the year?
16. If you were allowed to change your name, what would you name yourself?
17. What do you think you are very good at doing more than any family member?
18. If you could become an expert in something, what would it be?
19. If you were the head of the family, what rule would you change?
Recommended: 85+ Meaningful “Yes” or “No” Questions for Kids, Teens, and Adults
20. Which subject in school would you love to master and become an expert?
21. If you visit a zoo, which animal would you love to give your food?
22. If you could travel to any place in the world alone, where would it be and why?
23. What’s your favorite and most celebrated public holiday?
24. If you could get a superpower, what would you use the power to do?
25. Who is your role model?
26. Do you think magic is real? If yes, what magic trick would you love to learn?
“I discovered that magic tricks got me more attention from the girls in my class when I was nine – so a magician was born!”David Copperfield
27. If you were a scientist, what would you discover or invent?
28. Which celebrity will you love to meet anytime soon?
29. What’s the weirdest food you have ever seen people eat?
30. Which food would you love to eat every week?
31. If you become famous, would you allow paparazzi to follow you?
32. What’s that unique think about you that friends envy so much?
Recommended: 60+ Creative “What Would You Do If” Questions for Student, Friends, and Couples
33. If you become famous, what would people know you for? Greatest scientist? Best dancer?
34. Who is most likely to disobey daddy or mommy’s rule?
35. Do you have a favorite flower?
36. If you are in trouble, which movie character would you choose to save you?
37. If you were to go for an inter-school debate competition, which topic would you love to debate on?
“If you have to say or do something controversial, aim so that people will hate that they love it and not love that they hate it.”Criss Jami
38. If you could teach other kids something unique, what would you love to teach them?
39. Apart from your favorite sport, what other sport would you love to try out?
40. What food/fruits do people love eating, but you hate so much?
41. What would you love to do every weekend? And why?
42. What would you do if you were born on February 29? That means you only see your birthday on the calendar once in four years.
Recommended: 41 Good Questions to Ask Your Kid After Church Service
43. What’s your favorite quote or bible verse? And why?
44. What’s your favorite juice?
45. What’s the scariest movie you have watched?
46. Have you ever tasted alcohol? And who gave it to you?
47. Who is the smartest family member, you know?
48. What’s the best party you have ever been to? Why is it the best so far?
49. If you were to remove one thing away from your mom or dad, what would that be?
50. Who is most likely to eat pet food?
51. What’s the most tedious home chores mom or dad has ever told you to do?
52. Which online skills would you love to learn if you have the opportunity?
53. What’s your worst subject in school?
54. If you were to be a popular artist/athlete/celebrity, what would be your stage name?
“Tigers die and leave their skins; people die and leave their names.”Japanese Quote
55. If you could live a day with any ancient inventors/scientist/musician, who would you choose to live with, and why?
56. What musical instrument would you love to learn? And Why?
57. Would you rather spend ten years learning your dream skill or get a million dollars?
58. What would you do if mommy is not at home and your kid brother/sister start crying? Call 911?
59. What’s the most valuable thing in your possession?
60. Can you describe the day you will never forget? When was that day, and what happened?
61. What’s the most underrated gadget you have in your room?
Recommended: 141 Good Questions to Ask to Get to Know Someone
62. What would you do if you find out your best friend is a secret bad guy?
63. If you could buy a customized cloth or necklace, what would you love to be written on it?
64. If you could add a human ability to your pet, what ability would you add?
65. What talk or TV show would you love to attend anytime soon or be a guest? Or What’s your favorite TV show?
67. Have you ever woke up at night and cannot locate the door?
68. Who makes you angry often? And what’s that character you do not like about him or her?
69. What are the things that smart kids do to keep them smart and intelligent?
“Everybody wants to be smart except smart people who want to be stable.”Brain Spellman
70. Would you rather be a tree in a forest or become a terrorist?
71. Which foreign language would you love to learn? And Why?
72. Have you ever eaten more than your stomach could hold?
73. What family member or tradition would you get rid of if you have the opportunity?
74. If you could do something silly and go unpunished, what would it be?
75. Who is most likely to be grounded for doing something bad at home or school?
76. Would you rather eat your one food for seven days or live a week without playing with friends?
77. Would you rather be rich and known for something bad or poor with peace of mind?
78. If cartoons were real, which cartoon character will you make your best friend?
79. Where would you love to go to after school tomorrow? Or what’s your favorite after-school activity?
80. What’s the best gift you have ever received from your parents or friends?
“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.”Jim Valvano
81. What’s the most disgusting or annoying thing you have ever seen?
82. If you could write a book, what would the title be?
83. Which home pest are you very scared of?
84. What would you do if your best friend steals from you?
85. Can you prepare your favorite food?
86. Have you ever laughed until you cried?
87. If you were to introduce a new daily routine to the family, what would your new routine look like?
“It’s a hard thing to leave any deeply routine life, even if you hate it.”John Steinbeck
88. How many songs or poems can recite completely without mistakes? Name the titles as well.
89. Do you like food when it’s fried, cooked, or roasted?
90. At what age would you like to enter high school?
Remember, when you think you know all the answers to these questions, just know answers can change over time.
To summarize everything, I will go with this famous quote by James Baldwin, saying, “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.”.
Now I would love to hear from you:
Did you find my list of icebreaker questions for kids helpful?
Or maybe you think that important ideas are missing on the list.
Either way, do let me know by leaving a comment below right now and don’t forget to share with friends.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?